Do you use oxygen absorbers?

You’ve probably seen oxygen absorbers in all sorts of packaged products. They are designed to absorb the oxygen in the can because oxygen is not only the number one factor in the breakdown of natural food, it also enables any living organism to survive—like bacteria or mold. However, these oxygen absorbers don’t work very well because, first of all, they just flat don’t absorb all of the oxygen. Secondarily, oxygen absorbers create iron oxide—otherwise known as rust, which could cause your food to become contaminated.

At Ready Reserve Foods, we use our exclusive Nitrogen Preservation System which displaces 100% of all the oxygen and replaces it with pure nitrogen. This preserves the food in an inert atmosphere that gives the food an unparalleled shelf life of 15 years or more.